Profile of a Fransalian Student
A Fransalian student is a member of a Fransalian Institute of Education established and managed by the Missionaries of St. Francis de Sales.
A Fransalian student:
- Knows about St. Francis de Sales, Fr. Mermier and the MSFS Congregation.
- Believes in the dictum: “Education of the Heart is the Heart of Education”.
- Believes and trusts in God and prays daily.
- Fosters good health and respects life.
- Is meek, humble and Strong in Character.
- Practices virtues of optimism, gentleness, humility and hospitality.
- Practices charity in thought, word and deed.
- Speaks truly, deals truly and lives truly.
- Is studious, responsible and duty conscious.
- Works hard to be of genuine service to others.
- Dresses neatly, arrives punctually and behaves politely.
- Respects elders, parents, teachers and classmates.
- Promotes peace, harmony and nonviolence.
- Fosters patriotism and combats adversity.
- Accepts and respects cultural, religious and linguistic diversity.
- Fights corruption and promotes social justice and equality.
- Nurtures nature and is eco-friendly.
- Upholds the ethos of the ‘Alma Mater’ in high esteem.
- Follows the motto: “for God and my Country”.
Profile of a Fransalian Teacher:
A Fransalian Teacher:
- Is one who belongs to the teaching community and one who shares the vision and mission of Fransalian Education.
- Understands that the school is managed by the MSFS who attaches inmense importance to values and virtues while educating and partners with them.
- Learns about MSFS congregation, the life and works of SFS, the patron and Fr. Mermier, the founder.
- Remains an integral part of the institution and commits oneself totally and wholly to the tasks entrusted to oneself by the competent authority of the educational institution.
- Co-operates with the head of the institution for the welfare of the students.
- Considers teaching not merely as a profession but also a mission with passion, a mission not by chance but by choice.
- Undertakes the training and formation of the heart is the heart of education.
- Updates oneself with the best methods of pedagogy, latest technology and becomes innovative in teaching.
- Prepares lessons thoroughly to make the class interesting, informative, educative and attractive.
- Remains a model by one’s very life as a disciplined and lifelong learner, a gospel to the students to emulate.
- Pays individual attention to each and every student in the class, making education inclusive.
- Takes remedial measures if any one of the students is found wanting or lagging.
- Is a team person and works collaboratively with the rest of the staff, both teaching and non-teaching.
- Speaks well of the institution and remains loyal.
- Listens patiently and understandingly, establishing cordial relations with the parents.